Through time, mucuna pruriens has been used as a remedy for various conditions. As a plant extract, mucuna pruriens has a number of benefits because of its L-Dopa content. This amino acid helps increase dopamine levels in the brain, as dopamine by itself is not able to cross the blood-brain barrier.
Although mucuna pruriens has a number of other beneficial compounds that can bring positive changes to your health, most people use this L-Dopa supplement for its abundant L-Dopa content.
For optimum physical and mental health and wellbeing, the body needs a balance of a number of compounds, one of which is dopamine. As mentioned earlier, dopamine by itself cannot cross the blood-brain barrier. This is where L-Dopa comes in. L-Dopa easily crosses the blood-brain barrier and increases dopamine levels.
In several studies, L-Dopa have been also shown to boost epinephrine and norepinephrine levels, which are compounds that bring about a number of positive benefits relating to physical, mental, and psychological aspects.
So if you’re still wondering when to take mucuna pruriens, NOW is the time!
You need to take mucuna pruriens if:
- You’re a bodybuilder looking to shed fat and build lean muscles since mucuna is seen to increase the production of human growth hormone;
- You want to increase libido and boost sexual performance or a potent aphrodisiac for sexual excitement;
- You’re looking to conceive since mucuna pruriens improves fertility especially in men as it boosts the production of testosterone thus a better sperm quality;
- You’re looking to increase focus and concentration and a sharper memory;
- You want to minimize the onset of Parkinson’s disease;
- You want to relax and an improved stress response and be able to have better sleep quality;
- You are looking to uplift your sense of positivity and motivation;
- You want to experience an overall sense of well-being and health.
L-DOPA Supplement Dosage
As with any supplement, taking L-Dopa should be done based on the recommended daily intake to maximize effectivity and to avoid any side effects. For mucuna pruriens, 200 mg to 500 mg/day is ideal for adults. The supplement can be taken one time or in several administrations in a day. For example, since mucuna pruriens is beneficial for bodybuilders to develop more lean muscles and burn fat, this can be taken before hitting the gym and then after.
When taking L-Dopa supplement, always remember to cycle your intake. This is to ensure that you won’t develop tolerance for it at the same time, maximizing its benefits.
Mucuna pruriens is a powerful L-Dopa supplement that has stood the test of time and has been tested in numerous clinical trials. When used at the recommended dosages, it can be a potent supplement that can bring a wealth of benefits.
Whether you’re taking the capsule/pill supplement or powdered mucuna pruriens, always ensure that you’re buying from a reliable supplier. This way, you get to experience the L-Dopa supplement’s full power and you are safe.